Gear Pump Cell Productivity Improvement
- Performed time studies to understand current state of assembly process.
- Engaged team in load balancing and layout analysis.
- Analysis performed for a cell with approx. 50 models of product with cycle times ranging from 6 min to 23 min.
- Developed revised layout for cell as per lean principles.
- Developed pull-based material feeding strategy.
- Coordinating all aspects of line modification (obtaining quotations & interacting with vendors, setting up material flow system, assistance with commissioning of modified line).
- Drove CFT to design plant expansion layout as per lean principles, and a step-by-step procedure.
- Listed all functional modules to be included in the layout.
- Identified Needs & Wants.
- Calculated area required by each module.
- Brainstormed different layout options.
- Led team exercise to objectively analyze & choose best option using decision matrix technique.
Optimization of Stores Material Issue Process
- Implementation of FIFO racks, & modified binning & feeding process for Hi-runner parts in Stores.
CNG Dispenser Assembly Process Establishment
- CNG Dispensers being assembled using job-shop techniques (no standard process, material organization, takt adherence etc.)
- Goal was to improve assembly & testing capacity from 20 to 40 dispensers / month.
- Process recorded on video, and detailed time study performed.
- Designed improved assembly cell, incorporating:
- 5S – Defined stations for all equipment, material, tools.
- Fixtures and other aids to improve operator ergonomy and speed of assembly.
- Balanced line load.
- Pull-based material flow & well-defined parts presentation strategy.
- Well-defined systems for communication of production requirements and performance.
- Coordinated all aspects of equipment procurement (quotations, vendor tracking, runoffs, installation & commissioning).
- Drawing board-to-production achieved in 3 months.
Plant 5S Drive
- Conducted training on 5S and 3Ms for plant associates & staff.
- Drove plant-wide waste identification drive.
- Currently driving 1S & 2S drives across the plant (red-tagging unwanted material & deciding on disposition, organizing required material as per need)
- Driving floor team leaders & middle management continuously to maintain 1S & 2S disciplines through frequent presence on plant floor.
Mobile Hydraulic Valve Cell Launch management
- Coordinating the manufacturing launch of Parker’s mobile hydraulic valve family at their Navi Mumbai plant.
- Responsible for timely launch of the machining, assembly & test cell, to meet specific capacity and investment targets.
- Responsible for coordinating development of local suppliers for certain key components.
- Co-ordination of all activities from Product Design, Sales, Supplier Development, Operations and Quality.